The Signal Box at Loddiswell Station is situated in the perfect South Devon location. It is within easy reach of the A38 trunk road, the coast and moors. The property is:
- set amongst 4 acres of private riverside woodlands.
- in a peaceful, rural location yet just under a mile from the village (with its store and pub).
- superbly convenient for many walks (flat or hilly, out-and-back or circular) all from the doorstep.
- easily accessible for the areas many pretty towns and villages (market town of Kingsbridge less than 4 miles away; Salcombe, Modbury, Dartmouth, Brixham, all nearby).
If you are using a SatNav device, please take note that the property's postcode - TQ7 4DE - often directs to a location on a different narrow Devon lane about 300m away. The following directions lead from the most clear route using the M5, then A38, southbound:
- On the A38 keep going past Newton Abbott and Totnes, then, after passing South Brent, leave at the 'Wrangaton Cross' exit (this is immediately after a 'Shell' garage on the opposite carriageway); turn left at the top of the slip road onto the A3121 signposted Loddiswell. Go straight across at the first junction (a cross roads) onto the B3196.
- At California Cross (immediately after a BP Garage and large Pub) turn left signposted Loddiswell.
- Continue ahead (past the 'Chilli Farm') all the way to and through through Loddiswell village and then on down the steep twisty hill and across the river. Take the first left, immediately after the bridge, signposted Woodleigh and the 'Avon Mill Garden Centre'.
- Continue for 1 mile along this road until you pass under the old arched brick railway bridge, keep left here and Loddiswell Station is the first building on the left 200m up the hill.